1. The following Standard Terms and Conditions of Delivery and Business (hereinafter referred to as the Standard Terms and Conditions) shall apply to all of orders, offers, deliveries and services executed by the photographer.
3. If the customer does not accept these Standard Terms and Conditions, it shall lodge written notification to this effect within three work days. Any alternative Standard Terms and Conditions on the part of the customer are hereby rejected. Alternative Standard Terms and Conditions on the part of the customer shall be deemed to be void unless the photographer agrees in writing to be bound by them.
II. Commission products
3. Subject to any other provisions, the photographer shall be responsible for selecting the photographs to be presented to the customer for approval at the conclusion of production.
4. The photographs shall be deemed to have been duly accepted in accordance with the terms of the contract and be free of any faults unless notification to the contrary is served upon the photographer within two weeks of submission of the photographs.
III. Provision of photographic material (analog and digital)
1. These Standard Terms and Conditions shall apply to all photographic material submitted to the customer regardless of its degree of completion or technical form. They shall expressly also apply to photographic material transmitted electronically or digitally.
2. The customer acknowledges that the photographic material provided by the photographer constitutes copyright material as defined in Section 2 (1) No. 5 of the German Copyright Act.
3. Any suggestions submitted by the customer concerning modifications or adjustments shall be deemed to constitute individual services which shall be subject to separate remuneration.
5. The customer shall treat the photographic material carefully and may only make it available to third parties for internal business purposes, i. e. for viewing, selection purposes and technical editing.
6. Any complaints concerning the content of the delivery or the content, quality or state of the photographic material shall be lodged within 48 hours of receipt. Failing this, the photographic material shall be deemed to have been received in proper condition, in conformance with the contract and as described.
IV. Utilization rights
1. The customer shall fundamentally only receive simple rights for one-time utilization. Subject to any other agreements, the right of publication on the Internet or inclusion in digital databases shall be limited to the duration of the publication period of the corresponding or a comparable printed item.
2. Exclusive utilization rights, exclusive rights for certain geographic territories or periods of time shall be subject to separate agreement as well as a surcharge of at least 100 % on top of the basic fee in question.
3. Upon the photographic material being delivered, only the utilization rights shall be granted for one-time use of the photographic material for the purpose specified by the customer and in the publication, medium or data vehicle which has been stated by the customer or can be reasonably assumed in the light of the circumstances surrounding the placing of the order. In the case of any doubt, the purpose for which the photographic material has been supplied as evidenced by the delivery note or the recipient address shall be decisive.
6. The customer may not transfer the rights of utilization or any part thereof granted to it to any third parties unless these are members of its group or subsidiaries. All use, reproduction and transfer of the photographic material shall be subject to the condition that the copyright information stipulated by the photographer be included in such a way that it can be clearly allocated to the picture in question.
8. The photographer retains the right to use his photographs for self-advertising and selfpromotion (including but not limited to use on his own website, etc.) even if he grants exclusive rights to the customer.